The California Monument Association is a diverse coalition of retailer monument companies, fabricators, granite suppliers, and equipment manufacturers. The association is primarily composed of California monument entrepreneurs who are supported by the US industry leaders in granite, supplies, and tools. Together we share ideas, new technology, and marketing skills, and strengthen our knowledge of a trade that is historically preserved in granite and marble. Together we reflect on our past experiences in the development of a bigger, better, and brighter future for the monument industry.
Since 1939, the California Monument Association has been promoting and aiding retail monument companies. Through legislative initiatives, education sessions and conferences, CMA helps each of its members become stronger and better educated, in our industry.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- 1947- District Cemeteries and officers prevented from selling memorials.
- 1977- Cemeteries may not require a memorial to be purchased through the cemetery.
- 1998- Prevailed on SCI to allow families to order placement of memorials in their cemeteries to
complete paperwork with independent memorialist.
- 2003- Participated in the working group of California Senate Committee on Local Government, which
produced SB-341, making extensive changes to the Health and Safety Code. Preserved protections for
Your membership in CMA comes with many forms of value.
The following are just a few of those benefits which you can receive as a member:
- Referrals from members in other cities and states.
- Updates on State and Federal legislation pertaining to our industry.
- Hands on training: Sandblasting, rock pitching, and the quarry process.
- Educational classes: such as, Business and computer training, photo scanning for ceramics and photo etch applications, safety topic and SDS sheets, discussing tricks of the trade and money saving ideas and
- Company listing on CMA’s website with a personal profile page.
- Meeting with the manufacturers of trade products at meetings and conventions.
- Round table discussions.